Good Day Y'All. My name is Stephen Wyman and I am the Democrat running for TX House of Representatives, House District 20: Burnet, Milam and northern Williamson counties.
This election year Democrats have had many doors opened for them; for instance:
• What climate change?
• All Unions are assailed.
• Minimum wage, “Who needs it?”
• Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid should be privatized.
• SNAP (food stamps), housing assistance, welfare to be eliminated.
• Government austerity to recover from recession.
• Supply Side (trickle down) economics.
• Stripped down Voting Rights Act.
• Very specific photo ids required for voting.
• More limited access to the polls.
• Electronic voting with no paper ballot audit trail.
• Equal pay for what equal work?
• Don't need family planning or women's health care clinics.
• Marriage is twixt a man and a woman only.
• Two long, simultaneous wars started without enough body armor or MRAP vehicles.
• Corresponding expansion of the VA, “Whenever!”
Yes, doors have been opened and we, Democrats, must walk through them this year.
There is so much to do!
First, we must continue to register voters, and then we must help them get to the polls.
It is because elected officials will have to deal with a great majority of these problems. We must elect people who will deal expeditiously with these issues. I believe the Democratic candidates on this year's ballot are just the folks to get the job done.
First, voters must Give, “Hope and Change,” a Chance... and a Push!
Register and Vote!
Turn TX Blue in 2014!